2020 Course Procedures
Hello Golfers and welcome to the 2020 golf season!!
While none of us could have predicted any of these necessary changes, we are doing our best to ensure the safety of our staff and guests and we will take all steps necessary to ensure the safest environment possible for everyone to be able to enjoy their golf experience.
During the next few weeks/months we can expect continual change as we continue to monitor the evolving public health situation around COVID-19 (Coronavirus). Please keep checking this page often for updates.
If you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 STAY HOME! This also applies if you are from a household with someone experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, self-isolating as a result of contact with an infected person or in families who are self-isolating, have traveled outside of Canada or the province within the last 14 days (or residing with someone who has).
Please familiarize yourself with our new procedures effective May 8 when we open and we ask you to be patient – this is all new for us too.
Booking your tee-time
- Advance bookings are required. No walk ups will be permitted. Bookings can be made by phone at 403-342-2830.
- If you would like a pre-pay option, ask us about our memberships or punch cards.
Please Remember: If you cannot make your tee time, please cancel it to give us an opportunity to fill or assign it to another guest.
Please consider purchasing a membership for a contactless payment option this year.
Services remaining closed
As of Opening Day (May 8th), the following services will remain closed until further notice. We will continue to monitor regulations stipulated by the Alberta Government and will open these facilities only when it is safe to do so.
- Pro-Shop (CLOSED) Please use our express payment window located on the north side of the building (by the putting green)
- Clubhouse (open for washroom use only. Men to enter from North door entrance, Women to enter from South door entrance. Limit to one person in each washroom at a time. We will be cleaning and sanitizing the washrooms frequently throughout the day.
- Food and beverages services are available through our take out window on the West side of building.
- Driving Range (CLOSED)
- Putting Green (CLOSED)
- On-Course Washrooms (CLOSED)
- NO Rental Clubs will be available.
Arriving at the course
Practice physical distancing. Always stay a minimum of 2 meters/6 feet apart. Consider bringing individual hand sanitizer with you and use often.
- Please do not arrive more than 15 minutes prior to your tee time. If you arrive more than 15 minutes before your tee-time, our lot attendant will ask you to remain in your vehicle until such time.
- Once you arrive in the parking lot, please follow the direction of the lot attendant and all posted signage.
- Check-in and payment will be through the Parking Lot Attendant. Once you are checked-in you can take your clubs to the designated “On Deck” area to meet the rest of your group while observing distancing guidelines. If you are using a power cart your attendant will instruct you where to collect your sanitized cart. Your group will then wait in the “On Deck” area, prior to proceeding to the 1st tee.
- Power Carts – we encourage walking but if you would like a power cart it will need to be pre-booked/paid along with green fees at tee-time booking until we are able to open semi-pro shop services.
- One person to a cart unless you are from the same household or arrived in the same vehicle.
- The carts will be cleaned and sanitized after each use.
- Once you have completed your round, please go directly to the designated “Cart Return” area. You are responsible for removing your clubs AND cleaning out your cart of ALL garbage in the bins provided.
- Proceed to your vehicle and leave the premises.
On Course Modifications
Social Distancing practices must be maintained throughout the course during your round. Marshalls will be on course to ensure all groups are adhering to this policy. If you or any member of your group is found to be in violation of this rule, you will be immediately removed from the course with no refund.
- Flags must remain in the hole at ALL times. Please do not touch the flagstick. We have installed pool noodles for easy retrieval of your ball. We also encourage gimmies!
- Golfers should only touch their own equipment (balls, clubs, tees etc.)
- Bunkers will not have any rakes. If you do enter the bunker, please “rake” the area of play with your foot after you have played your shot.
- All benches have been removed.
- All ball washers have been removed.
- No rental equipment will be available. Please bring your own pushcart if you plan to walk as we have a limited supply.
- Washrooms on course will remain closed.
- No handshakes on the 18th green and do not exchange money!
- Once you complete your round, please exit the facility promptly and travel home safely.
Consider carrying your own hand sanitizer and use frequently.
Additional Procedures in place
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in all areas, especially in areas of high use, such as washrooms and door handles.
- Placing additional hand sanitizer stations in high traffic areas.
- Training employees on safety and sanitary precautions and protocols.
- Adding educational signage reminding all golfers and employees to take preventative measures to minimize risk.
- Removing non-essential items around the Golf Course, Semi-Pro Shop and Clubhouse that can be handled by multiple persons.
- Monitoring/reminding staff and guests of Physical Distancing.
- Conducting temperature checks of staff